Our first gathering was only small but was great all the same. We met at the Fuschia Farm on Lillico straight as one of our newest members lives close by to her beautiful family owned business. Always a great feed, along with fabu- lous company makes the Fuschia Farm a favourite place to visit. Due to members present at the March get together, many were unable to at- tend in April so we voted to skip April and make a catch up day in May. We have encouraged members past and present to bring along any new mem- bers who would like to have a chat and a chin wag. We have chosen to meet the 1st Tuesday of every month (you pay for your meal).
Dates from May to December are:
- 2nd May—Fuschia Farm, Lillico.
- 6th June—Shadows, Latrobe.
- 4th July—Gateway, Devonport.
- 1st August— Fuschia Farm, Lillico.
- 5th September—Lucas Hotel, Latrobe.
- 3rd October - The Scone Shop, Sheffield providing it does not clash with Lupus Awareness Week
- 7th November— Argosy Motel, East Devonport
- 5th December— Fuschia Farm—Christmas Lunch for North West Group.
We are already starting to build capacity with 2 new members at the March Luncheon with the possibility of a few more at the May lunch. Looking forward to rebuilding the North West support group so we all have people that we can connect with and call when things get us down.
Leanne Stephens - North West Co-ordinator